Hi there. Please excuse my poor English. I am having problem getting my CMedia 9739A onboard sound chip to work properly under Mandrake 10. Mandrake 10 (and also Fedora Core 2) does not have the correct driver. I still have sound but the volume control does not work and only ONE program can use the sound device at a time. That means I cannot play Mp3 music and play a flash game that involves sound effecfs at the same time. My Linux thinks my sound chip is Intel and uses snd-intel8x0 for driver instead of Cmedia. I downloaded the offical driver and have attempted to install it. I failed miserably. The installation resulted in many errors. I have only four days of Linux experience. Please help.
(for some reason I am unable to post the link to the offical driver)
Here is the readme:
Linux OSS driver for C-Media audio codec (CMI9738, CMI9739) v0.41
1. This version implements GPIO on/off when active/disactive the driver which used for Mitac.
1. South Bridge: Intel ICH2/ICH4/ICH5, SiS 7012/7018, VIA 8233/82686, ALI 5451, nVidia nForce, AMD 8111.
2. Full-duplex and multiple applications playback and recording.
4. 16 bits 2/4/6 channels mono/stereo playback.
5. 16 bits stereo recording.
6. Support phone jacks configuration.
7. PCM SPDIF IN/OUT (CMI9739 only, recording only support 48 KHz).
8. Support AC3 S/PDIF out ((CMI9739 only).
9. Support analog hardware copy to rear channel.
10.Support xear mode to swap front and surround speakers output.
For PCCHIPS LCD PC, you should change the following codes in cmaudio.h:
// For PCCHIPS LCD PC
#define FORCE_LINEINASREAR_MODE 1
#define FORCE_XEAR_MODE 1
//#define FORCE_LINEINASREAR_MODE 0
//#define FORCE_XEAR_MODE 0
1. This driver only tested on RedHat 7.3.
2. /dev/sequencer is not supported.
3. In RedHat 8.0, gmix can not select recording source correctly.
Please using aumix.
For driver installation, please follow below steps.
Step 1. Unzip source code
tar xzf cmaudio-041.tar.gz
Step 2. Turn on sound support (soundcore module)
Step 3. Complied source code
Step 4. Edit your /etc/modules.conf or conf.modules depending on the Distribution
alias sound-slot-0 cmaudio
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
Step 5. reboot your machine
Phone Jacks Configuration:
We provide a console mode program, cmconfig.c, in order to let you change jacks' configuration.
please follow below steps.
Step 1. Compiled source code, the source code is also in cmaudio-041.tar.gz.
cc -o cmconfig cmconfig.c
Step 2. Execute and change the settings
The error messages:
[root@localhost cmaudio]# make
cc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.4/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O -fno-strict-aliasing -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 -falign-functions=4 -DMODULE -c -o main.o main.c
make: cc: Command not found
make: *** [main.o] Error 127
[QUOTE][root@localhost cmaudio]# make install
mkdir -p //lib/modules/2.6.3-4mdk/kernel/drivers/sound
install -b -m 644 cmaudio.o //lib/modules/2.6.3-4mdk/kernel/drivers/sound
install: cannot stat â