Well I have gotten songbird to import my library from iTunes using the xml file. Ratings and playlists are intact. However I need help changing the pathnames, I do not know what to change them to that Songbird will recognize. Here is an original path example...
My music is mounted at /media/Files/ and all the folders are the same. I do not know if I need to get rid of "file://" or "localhost" or what to change so it is recognized in ubuntu. I am already using the find replace command in gedit. I am very nex to linux so if there are any ways that involve scripts or anything other than find and replace, I will probably need some extra instruction on how to use them or modify them. For example I found this script on...
cp /media/data/documents/My\ Music/iTunes/iTunes\ Music\ Library.xml /tmp/
perl -pi -e 's/file\:\/\/localhost\/E\:\//\/media\//g' /tmp/iTunes\ Music\ Library.xml
echo "Use File>Import Library to import the library (found at /tmp/iTunes Music Library)";
but do not know how to modify it. Thanks for your help.