LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2016, 05:42 PM   #1
taiwo.onalaja@nrg.com
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2016
Posts: 2

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
SNMP Error Message in Cacti


Hello,

I have an issue with cacti I installed, I tried to add a device and I'm getting SNMP error message. Please help:

Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 16:41:13 -0500
Cacti Version 0.8.8a
Cacti OS unix
SNMP Version NET-SNMP version: 5.3.2.2
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.x
Hosts 81
Graphs 219
Data Sources Script/Command: 26
SNMP: 10
SNMP Query: 191
Total: 227
 
Old 08-19-2016, 05:45 PM   #2
rtmistler
Moderator
 
Registered: Mar 2011
Location: Sutton, MA. USA
Distribution: MINT Debian, Angstrom, SUSE, Ubuntu
Posts: 4,087
Blog Entries: 10

Rep: Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwo.onalaja@nrg.com View Post
Hello,

I have an issue with cacti I installed, I tried to add a device and I'm getting SNMP error message. Please help:

Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 16:41:13 -0500
Cacti Version 0.8.8a
Cacti OS unix
SNMP Version NET-SNMP version: 5.3.2.2
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.x
Hosts 81
Graphs 219
Data Sources Script/Command: 26
SNMP: 10
SNMP Query: 191
Total: 227
Welcome to the forum. I suggest you post your question to the Linux - Newbie forum, or maybe the Linux - Networking forum. This forum is for introductions and the threads here do not show up in the normal search for un-answered questions. Plus you've piggy-backed on top of someone else's introduction thread. Right now only about 5 other people have seen your question. I for one cannot answer it but have my suggestions cited here.
 
Old 08-19-2016, 05:49 PM   #3
ardvark71
LQ Veteran
 
Registered: Feb 2015
Location: Oregon, USA
Distribution: Lubuntu 14.04, Windows Vista
Posts: 5,149
Blog Entries: 3

Rep: Reputation: 691Reputation: 691Reputation: 691Reputation: 691Reputation: 691Reputation: 691
Quote:
I have an issue with cacti I installed, I tried to add a device and I'm getting SNMP error message. Please help:

Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 16:41:13 -0500
Cacti Version 0.8.8a
Cacti OS unix
SNMP Version NET-SNMP version: 5.3.2.2
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.x
Hosts 81
Graphs 219
Data Sources Script/Command: 26
SNMP: 10
SNMP Query: 191
Total: 227
Hello and welcome to the forum

Please note that this forum is for introductions only. I have requested a moderator move this thread to an appropriate forum. Also, Just as a suggestion, you might want to change your username using the instructions at the top of the page here, lest your email inbox ends up with a boatload of SPAM in the very near future. The contact form is here.

Regards...
 
Old 08-19-2016, 05:56 PM   #4
rtmistler
Moderator
 
Registered: Mar 2011
Location: Sutton, MA. USA
Distribution: MINT Debian, Angstrom, SUSE, Ubuntu
Posts: 4,087
Blog Entries: 10

Rep: Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520Reputation: 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardvark71 View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum

Please note that this forum is for introductions only. I have requested a moderator move this thread to an appropriate forum. Also, Just as a suggestion, you might want to change your username using the instructions at the top of the page here, lest your email inbox ends up with a boatload of SPAM in the very near future. The contact form is here.

Regards...
Excellent point about using one's email address in their login name.

I however recommend against moving the thread since it originally was someone else's welcome thread, the title is inappropriate for the added question which was posted. The correct thing is for the added questioner to copy their question text and start a new thread. They also can edit their response here to either be their own introduction, or point to their new thread. "Hello everyone" is not a good technical thread question title.
 
Old 08-19-2016, 06:03 PM   #5
ardvark71
LQ Veteran
 
Registered: Feb 2015
Location: Oregon, USA
Distribution: Lubuntu 14.04, Windows Vista
Posts: 5,149
Blog Entries: 3

Rep: Reputation: 691Reputation: 691Reputation: 691Reputation: 691Reputation: 691Reputation: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtmistler View Post
Excellent point about using one's email address in their login name.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtmistler View Post
I however recommend against moving the thread since it originally was someone else's welcome thread, the title is inappropriate for the added question which was posted. The correct thing is for the added questioner to copy their question text and start a new thread. They also can edit their response here to either be their own introduction, or point to their new thread. "Hello everyone" is not a good technical thread question title.
That isn't a problem, moderators can "snip" portions of a thread to create new threads. I've seen them do it before.

Regards...
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snmp for cacti bhargav123 Linux - Server 2 09-07-2012 07:00 AM
Cacti installation on Debian Sarge: create cacti database error Yahweee Debian 2 08-26-2008 07:35 AM
cacti + snmp error aeby Linux - Server 0 08-29-2007 04:51 AM
SNMP not in use - Cacti Zetec Ubuntu 2 07-16-2006 04:49 PM
error message when run MRTG: SNMP error zhgalaxy Linux - Newbie 0 02-18-2004 01:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration