i did half way, anyway, i will again...
is it really that hard to understand?
here is my situation...in point form in prose lol
- I have two modems
- 1 modem is an internal 56k (which i am currently using) it is a Conexant HSF chipset modem, i got my drivers from www.linuxant.com
which makes linux drivers for Conexant, this is installed correctly and i am currently using it now to connect to the internet
- The other modem is an external modem, not sure on the brand but it is definately a hardware modem, its speed is 33.6
- The problem is, these modems are downloading at less than even half there normal speed.
- The 56k modem downloads at 1.4-1.6 kb/s
- The 33.6k modem downloads at 0.4-0.7 kb/s
- The 33.6k modem worked fine in Xandros 3, i couldn't get the 56k to work because i needed kernel headers to compile the modem so i wasn't bothered to download them so i gave LE2005 another shot (due to problems before i gave up on LE05 for a while)
- Now both these modems work fine under XP
- I have so far tried disabling ipv6 and using the setserial command but none have worked
Well there you go, i think its harder to understand now haha well, guys i hope you can help me
i don't wanna reinstall to make it work again, because if i remember, the 33.6 modem worked fine in LE05 when i installed it a couple times before.
Thanks in advanced