I am relatively new to Linux so take it easy. I have some wuestions and would appreciate any help that I recieve, and when I do become knowledgeable enough I will be sure to help others.
These are for Red Hat 9 installation
1. I have it booting in text mode (init3?), when booting the fonts are large and almost look like images instead of fonts, Is there a way to change this, like my Suse 8.2 install the fonts on boot up look great they are small crisp and readable.
2. RH9 comes with KD2 is there an easy way to upgrade to KD3 other than dl'ing all those rpm packages and installing them one at a time?
3. Say I set the root user up with a profile(windows term) that has the desktop and fonts I want, Can I copy that to other users instead of having to log into the OS as them and redo everything again?
4. What file do you edit for the way your systems boots, like graphical boot loader or text, penguin logo or not, etc ....?
5. What are the main system config files?
6. I have a cisco wireless aironet 340 card, any clues on hoe to get it to work?
I know it is alot of questions but answers wolud be great. I installed SuSe 8.2 ad everything was great I loved it, however there is very little documentation out there for that distro and most of the user groups are in German, so I installled RH9 to become real effecient in Linux, since there are a million books on it,before I venture out into the Suse, FreeBSD, Slackware world.