Setup NFS server to install OS to clients.
Hi, please help me again....
I want to setup NFS server, purpose to install other client linux pc from this server.OK i have 3cds (ISO files) redhat linux 8. i using redhat linux enterprise 3 AS to be a server.
1. i already follow the redhat.com to setup NFS server.
2. i make one directory to store this OS file. # mkdir linux8
3. i alredy mount -o loop /iso cd1 files to one of directory.
4. i # cp -av /that first cd loop directory/* /linux8
5. so finish copy first cd to /linux8.
6. ok than i mount second and third cds, and also same copy files to /linux8, BUT WHY ask me do you want to OVERWRITE the files...???? or just copy first cd on /linux8?????
7. ok i check my NFS share is it ok, # showmount -a 192.168.0.1 ok i can see my share directory like /linux8
than i boot using bootnet redhat 8 disket to boot and key "linux askmethod". ok i set my client pc ip is 192.168.0.2. ok i can ping this client IP from my NFS server(192.168.0.1).
ok when ask:
NFS server name: 192.168.0.1
Red Hat directory: /linux8
BUT prompt the ERROR:
That directory does not seem to contain a Red Hat installtion tree.
You might want to try using the ISO images rather then extracting them.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.|