We need to setup a mail server for a small company with around 10 mail users using Fedora Core 4. The system details are:
1) We have a domain ( e.g. mycompany.com ) that recieves all mails being sent to that domain at our ISP.
3) We have configured couple of mail accounts on ISP's mail server for critical users who wanted immediate mailing facility.
4) We want to use Zimbra as our local mail server.
5) Our plan is to create a single user account at our ISP which will receive all the emails to it except for those critical users.
2) Then we want to poll that mailbox with fetchmail and then distribute those mails (according to the usernames in the domain, e.g. email@example.com
., etc.) to the correct user on our local network, e.g. userone, usertwo, etc. They will use windows XP with Microsoft outlook clients with POP mail protocol.
3)Also, we want to send out our emails from this server.
4) We have already installed Fedora Core 4 with zimbra mail server (Release 4.5.11_GA_1751.FC4_20080128130403 FC4 FOSS edition) . We use ADSL to access Internet and our ISP mailbox.
Could somebody please help us in achieving this with some detail information something like how to guide? Thank you very much in advance.
I am new to zimbra as well as configuring mail server.
I am sorry to bother you guys if this issue is being already discussed, but I was unable to search it.
Important information :
1) we have a static public IP address.
2) I have configured domain as well here is zone file:
ourcompany.com. IN MX 10 webmail.ourcompany.com.
webmail.ourcompany.com. IN MX 10 webmail.ourcompany.com.
localhost IN A 127.0.0.1
webmail A 192.168.1.190
The local domain (ourcompany.com) which I set is actually a public domain which we have registered.
I have installed zimbra and I am able to send mail within our LAN to different user @ourcompany.com.