I have installed Red Hat 8. I also have installed MySQL, Apache and PHP as found in the packages. So far I've been able to configure and run MySQL. I am able to create a database, create tables, run SQL and stuff.
The problem is I can't figure out how to start off with Apache. I had specified the settings in the Apache Configuration Applet(GUI) to the best of my knowledge. I also have started the httpd server and it starts okay.
I need to be able to host a site locally in my computer which would be using PHP/MySQL. I need to know the following -
1. What all is required to setup configure Apache Server.
2. What should I specify as the Server Name while configuring Apache - should it be something like "mycomputer" or "www.mycomputer.com"
3. What all is required to setup configure PHP with MySQL.
4. Where do I copy / create the website files(htm,php) - and in which directory/folder.
5. What would be the required permissions on them.
6. Where do I specify the virtual directory name for the site (something like http://localhost/mysite
7. How do I get to PHYMyadmin.