OK, here is what I'm trying to do first off in linux I SUX...plain and simple I installed mandrake 7 to use as the print server. Now, I have a win98 box 1 nic ip:192.168.1.111 connected to the eth0 ip:192.168.1.100 and eth1 ip:192.168.1.101 in the linux box connected to a netgear 8 port switch and that is connected to the 6 HP5Si printers via cat5, printer ips: 192.168.1.110
All submasks and gateways are set for none or 0.0.0.0
My questions are?
1. how do I setup the IP routes and and connect the win to the linux print server?(I get the hardware part how do I do the software setups and in what program?)
2. being a suxy NooB I have not the foggiest Idea on how to setup mandrake 7 to be a print server for these printers.
3. how does the print que work?
4. do I need a crossover cable between the win98 ip:192.168.1.111 and linux box eth0 ip:192.168.1.100?
5. what do I need to connect the printers to the linux print server?
6. keep in mind that I'm a baby here and need step by step
Wishing to learn mandrake 7 in really fast kinda way
THX a bunch and sorry If I offended anyone.