LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
saran_redhat
Member
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 247

Rep: Reputation: 16
Sendmail server


Hai Friends

Recently I configured sendmail configuration in Linux dedicated server purchased in godaddy. os version is centos5.4.
as the configuration i can able to send mail to other domain like gmail and yahoo. thats working fine.

but my problem is i can't able to receive any mails. i got like this error.

550 relay not permitted or addess rejected. so please advise me how to solve this issue
thanks
 
Old 10-14-2010, 01:27 AM   #2
prayag_pjs
Senior Member
 
Registered: Feb 2008
Location: Pune - India
Distribution: Fedora,RedHat,CentOS,Gentoo
Posts: 1,138
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 147Reputation: 147
Set up Sender Policy Framework (SPF) records in DNS.

SPF is an e-mail validation system designed to prevent e-mail spam by tackling source address spoofing, a common vulnerability. SPF allows administrators to specify which hosts are allowed to send e-mail from a given domain by creating a specific SPF record in the public Domain Name System (DNS). Mail exchangers then use the DNS to check that mail from a given domain is being sent by a host sanctioned by that domain's administrators.
 
Old 10-14-2010, 01:45 AM   #3
saran_redhat
Member
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 247

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 16
Sendmail Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by prayag_pjs View Post
Set up Sender Policy Framework (SPF) records in DNS.

SPF is an e-mail validation system designed to prevent e-mail spam by tackling source address spoofing, a common vulnerability. SPF allows administrators to specify which hosts are allowed to send e-mail from a given domain by creating a specific SPF record in the public Domain Name System (DNS). Mail exchangers then use the DNS to check that mail from a given domain is being sent by a host sanctioned by that domain's administrators.

thanks for reply.

but i am not receive testmail also. how to enable relay domain in sendmail.
 
Old 10-14-2010, 01:50 AM   #4
prayag_pjs
Senior Member
 
Registered: Feb 2008
Location: Pune - India
Distribution: Fedora,RedHat,CentOS,Gentoo
Posts: 1,138
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 147Reputation: 147
Hi,

If you didn't receive the mail,first see if you have configured the smtp server properly and also smtp client settings are proper.

Search for "how to enable relay domain in sendmail" in goodle and follow some guide if need help lets u know.
 
Old 10-15-2010, 03:37 AM   #5
saran_redhat
Member
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 247

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 16
Sendmail Problem

HI,
I solve This issue.

Thank you for the support.



Quote:
Originally Posted by prayag_pjs View Post
Hi,

If you didn't receive the mail,first see if you have configured the smtp server properly and also smtp client settings are proper.

Search for "how to enable relay domain in sendmail" in goodle and follow some guide if need help lets u know.
 
Old 10-15-2010, 03:39 AM   #6
aries_baluyot
Member
 
Registered: Oct 2010
Location: India
Distribution: Mandriva, Suse, Ubuntu, Centos, Maemo, Omnia Xp
Posts: 86

Rep: Reputation: -11
Quote:
Originally Posted by saran_redhat View Post
HI,
I solve This issue.

Thank you for the support.
mark it solved

for other may benefits about your questions
 
Old 10-15-2010, 03:49 AM   #7
prayag_pjs
Senior Member
 
Registered: Feb 2008
Location: Pune - India
Distribution: Fedora,RedHat,CentOS,Gentoo
Posts: 1,138
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 147Reputation: 147
Hi,

Can you let us know how you solved the problem?
 
Old 10-15-2010, 03:55 AM   #8
aries_baluyot
Member
 
Registered: Oct 2010
Location: India
Distribution: Mandriva, Suse, Ubuntu, Centos, Maemo, Omnia Xp
Posts: 86

Rep: Reputation: -11
Quote:
Originally Posted by prayag_pjs View Post
Hi,

Can you let us know how you solved the problem?
yes i think prayag_pjs is right
tnx
 
Old 10-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #9
saran_redhat
Member
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 247

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 16
Sendmail Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries_baluyot View Post
yes i think prayag_pjs is right
tnx
Hi

In this issues sendmail pid file running continues. lot of mails in queue.so what happen port 25 automatically closed.so i am not able to send and receive any mails. kindly help on this issue. lot spam mails generated.

thanks
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to transfer Exachnage server to Sendmail server mail4vijay Linux - General 3 12-02-2009 09:09 PM
connecting sendmail server to Exchange server 2k3 amit_kalipur Linux - Server 0 06-11-2009 09:40 AM
How to configure a sendmail server to act as a relay server deep_jyotsingh Linux - Server 1 07-31-2008 12:12 AM
migration from exchange server to sendmail server sailu_mvn Linux - Software 0 05-18-2006 01:55 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration