I am trying to install rsh packages. I tried below given command. The screen hangs.
rpm -ivh rsh-server-0.17-38.el5.i386.rpm
warning: rsh-server-0.17-38.el5.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 37017186
I was previously having problem of 'error: can't create transaction lock on /var/lib/rpm/__db.000', while trying to install. That seem to have resolved with help of steps given below.
This can be corrected with the following steps:
1. Remove any file locks rm –rf /var/lib/rpm/_db*
2. Remove any left over temp files in /var/lib/rmp/ with underscores, either single or double. For example, __db.000 - __db.004. This needs to be completed as root.
3. Make a copy of the RPM directories (cd /var/lib mkdir rpm-backup rsync -av ./rpm/. ./rpm-backup/.)
4. Rebuild the database (rpm –rebuilddb). Again, you need to be root.
5. Rerun the rpm removal option.
Above steps are taken from below mentioned thread.