root's password gone after upgrade
Here is the rundown
1. Installed slackware 9.1
2. booting into linux I logged in as root and entered root's password
3. I ran swaret and updated a lot of packages
4. Now when booting into linux I dont need to enter roots password. I just type in root and hit enter and I am allowed in.
5. I had to run "passwd" to set roots password again.
6. It now prompts me for roots password when I boot back into linux.
I follow one of the guides in the slackware forum for this whole installation. After running swaret to upgrade all my packages I went and renamed a lot of the ".new" files and erased the originals. It seems like I must of overwrote a file that contained roots password. Which file was that if this is the case, I am unable to figure it out. If this isnt the case then what might have happened to erase roots password ?