RHEL5 32 bit PS/2 disabled
I have a client built by kickstart running 32 bit RHEL5 that requires PS/2 mouse and keyboard (it will be running a PS/2 KVM when complete) - it works fine when built yet when rebooted the PS/2 is disabled and I cannot re-enable it. I have tried:
1) building with USB disabled in BIOS and PS/2 keybd & mse connected
2) building with USB enabled in BIOS and PS/2 keybd & mse connected
3) building with USB enabled in BIOS and only USB keybd & mse connected
4) no keybd & mse connected on build
5) changing the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file changing the keyboard0 and mouse0 to keyboard1 and mouse1 and many variations on this.
I have had no success in getting PS/2 to be recognised after a reboot. I have an error, occasionally, on reboot "i8042.c: Can't restore CTR" which looks related but I can't find any remediation. Help would be appreciated.