RH 4 Enterprise Server Joining windows 2003 Domain configuration
This is the situation
1. Add RH4 ent to WIndows 2003 domain
2. Setup FTP
3. Authenticate Linux user using AD
4. Allowed users from a group in AD called Linuxuser to download, upload files.
5. Setup vncserver on RH4
This is what I have done so far.
1. Already add the machine to the domain. It is showing on "computers and users" in AD
2. I started the vsftpd by ( service vstpd start)
When I run the nmap -v ( no output) and netstat -a | grep ftp ( I do not see any ftp info or port opened.
Where do I created the shared folder for ftp? in my smb.conf
3, 4, 5 still pending.
Also the box can not go to the internet. When I ping an outside IP address I do not get any reply after my fire wall. Could that be the problem or it could be something else.
Ping and ssh from inside is fine