Originally Posted by mvmoncayo
I am trying to recall all tar commands that I have executed. Then I am trying to see them in turn by repeatedly pressing one key.
I would like to use either history command and/or an alias.
Thank you for any help.
1. In a shell session, perform your tar actions.
2. Press the up arrow key repeatedly until you get to the first tar command.
3. Press the down arrow key to review your commands as entered.
1. Perform your tar actions.
2. Examine your .bash_history file:
$ kwrite ~/.bash_history
The most recent commands are at the bottom -- the commands are listed in chronological order.