Thank you Chris for your kind reply.
I really wouldn`t reinstall hole system but if everything else failed I will do. Now my Slack is working stable as gateway/router on DSL cable and my lan users are quite happy so far. Problem is, in this situation - due to "undefined reference to `__ctype_b'" errors - I will never compile new sources nor compile new kernel when new one is published.
In the meantime I have done more "rescue tasks" I thought they could help:
- rebooted from instalation CD
- mounted partition with my distro
- reinstalled glibc-solibs-2.2.5.tgz using -root parameter
- reinstalled glibc-2.2.5.tgz using -root parameter
- rebooted my distro, all came up fine
Unfortunately `__ctype_b' error still exists
Really appreciate your ideas on this issue.