Screen Resolution Problem
When I first installed OpenSUSE on my computer, I faced the same problem as you are facing right now.
As you mentioned, your monitor is Phillips 15", you need to know the maximum resolution supported by your monitor.
1. Go to YaST.
2. Select Graphic card and monitor
3. At Monito tab, select your monito from the drop down list if it is listed, or simply select the generic monitor.
4. At Resolution tab, select the maximum resolution supported by your monitor.
5. After applying the setting YaST will ask you to test the setting, select ok.
6. At test screen, make sure, the cursor is displayed at center of the screen, if not, then discard the changes and select other screen resolution. If it is displayed at the screen center, accept the setting.
7. Restart your computer.
This will solve your problem.
with best regards,
Madhav V Khadilkar