I want to be able to access my Linux box at home using Hyperterminal from my Win98 machine at work if possible. I've read a bit about this, but all I hear about is multiple getty programs and the vast majority of the howto's and such that I'm reading deal with serial or modem terminals.
Here are some of the questions I am aware of that I need answered:
1) How do I set up the Linux box to allow remote terminals over the TCP/IP network (and ultimately the internet)?
2) Is there anything special I need to do with the Hyperterminal client?
3) How can I set up a "secret" (or just non-standard) port for this type of connection to improve security?
4) Is there any way to prevent the username and password from being transmitted in plain text? Or is the authentication done before the plain text hyperterminal connection is started? I'm new to HT.
5) Any other info I need to carry this out?
Thanks a bunch... You Linux freaks on this site are the best source of information on the 'net.