Re: modprobe: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than lib/modules/2.4.9/modules.d
I just finished a fresh install of Redhat 7.1 (Full install). I need to upgrade my kernel to 2.4.9. I followed many howto's which shows me the following steps:
1) copy .config into the new kernel (2.4.9)
2) run make oldconfig
3) then ran make menuconfig
4) then saved it
5) then ran:
make dep; make clean ; make bzImage ; make modules
6) then make a backup of /lib/modules/2.4.2-2 to another name so it doesnt get clobbered.
7) then i make modules_install
8) copy bzImage from the souce boot dir over to the original /boot and made the vmlinuz file then a link to it.
It all goes through with no errors. I do the lilo relink and boot into my new kernel but get many errors upon boot up such as:
- modprobe: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.4.9/modules.dep
- Then get ipup: Delaying eth0 initilization
and also get the same for eth1. If I boot back into my oringinal kernel everything is fine.
What steps have i missed and if there are any great articles that come to mind on exactly what causes this please let me know.
I'm not really an expert but it soundsl like you'r NIC's didn't get configured properly when you recompliled. What NIC's are you actually using?
if it's just a problem with the modules.conf, then all you need to do is run
and that will take care of that error message.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.|