Here is how I done it on my fat32 HDD runnig WinXP:
(My intention was creating a dual boot with WinXP and LinuxFedora keeping ALL my files intact)
1. Used PowerQuest PartitionMagic7 to resize, move my fat32 partitions under WindowsXP
2. then create 3 Linux partitions: "/boot" "/swap" and "/" still under WinXP and reboot
3. Enter BIOS setup by pressing DEL on Startup (this may vary on different PC's) and set the first boot device CDROM
4. Restart PC with LinuxCDROMdistro inside, install Fedora Core1 on the 3 partitions created earlier
5. DO NOT let grub messing my MBR (Making a STARTUP floppy!!!)
6. Finished all, testing, OK!
7. Setting WinXP`s <boot.ini> to boot Fedora so I can get rid of LinStartUpFloppy... please see http://www.users.bigpond.com/pclim/h...dual-boot.html
8. Thinking of getting rid of WinXP now... but that`s another storry!
Hope to be helpful for somebody....