I would like to install amule on my Debian sarge stable distro and have some troubles with it.
Amule is not yet a stable package in Debian sarge, so I can't install it via basic routine
apt-get install and have to do it some other way. It is my first time doing it non-standard way, so excuse my ignorance. I searched for amule packages and received following results: http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/s...searchon=names
The graphical version of amule is using gtk library and I have KDE environment on my desktop,
so i assume I can't use it and have to install the terminal version called amule-daemon (correct me if I am wrong on this) + amule-common library
I used dpkg, since the package I downloaded doesn't come from my apt repository
1) dpkg -i amule-common_2.1.3-1_all.deb
running this was ok
2) dpkg -i amule-daemon_2.1.3-1_i386.deb
running this discovered dependency problems:
amule-daemon depends on libc6 (>= 2.3.6-6); however:
Version of libc6 on system is 2.3.2.ds1-22sarge5.
amule-daemon depends on libcrypto++5.2c2a; however:
Package libcrypto++5.2c2a is not installed.
amule-daemon depends on libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.0); however:
Version of libgcc1 on system is 1:3.4.3-13sarge1.
amule-daemon depends on libreadline5 (>= 5.1); however:
Version of libreadline5 on system is 5.0-10.
amule-daemon depends on libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.0); however:
Version of libstdc++6 on system is 3.4.3-13sarge1.
amule-daemon depends on libwxbase2.6-0 (>= 220.127.116.11.1.1); however:
Package libwxbase2.6-0 is not installed.
1) What is a correct routine for installing new package I downloaded from web and which is not in my repository ?
( I downloaded packages to my deb folder and then tried to create local repository ( so I could use apt-get to install them) in /etc/apt/sources.list by adding line
deb file:/home/my_user_name/deb/ , but this failed by
Malformed line 35 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (dist) )
2) What is a correct routine for upgrading libraries to run desired programm ?
3) What kind of problems can emerge when I upgrade these unstable (but required by amule) libraries ?
4) Does the library upgrade influence the programs which used previous (old) library versions (dependency) ?
Thanks for your replies.