problem with cron jobs
I've tried to automate the update of security patches by doing the following as root:
1. I've written the file /usr/bin/security containing:
2. I've chmod 755 /usr/bin/security
3. I've added the following new job to crontab:
5 8 * * * /usr/bin/security
4. I've checked that by entering /usr/bin/security as root the security patches get updated. This worked fine.
5. At 8am I rebooted, and waited full of expectation...
6. At 8.05am I received an email saying that:
"/usr/bin/security: init: command not found"
How come the command cannot be found by cron, even though it works if entered manually?