I'm facing some problems with my Java installation due to which I'm not able to install another software which requires the JDK.
Below is the steps that I'm following for the installation:
1. I have "j2sdk-1_3_1_01-linux-i386-rpm.bin" in /install directory
4. License acceptance and extraction is fine
# rpm –ivh jdk-1.3.1_01.i386.rpm
6. Java is installed under /usr/java/jdk1.3.1_01
7. Setting the path:
# export PATH
I'm not able to install another software which requires this JDK. On further investigation, I find the following:
1. Commands like
, etc. are not working (unrecognized command)
2. I can see the directories
, but the files under the bin directory appear as links. E.g.:
lrwxrwxrwx ..... javac -> Java_Wrapper
3. Even when I navigate to the bin directory and try to execute the Java commands, they are not working.
I hope I have been able to explain my problem. Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.