1) Which shell is considered as default shell in linux?
2) Is it possible to perform this command structure command argument option in linux?
3) What does this command do? cmd & ; kill %1
a) runs a command cmd and sends SIGTERM to a process with PID 1
b) runs a command cmd in background and then unconditionally sends SIGTERM back to it
c) runs a command cmd in background and if it returns non-zero status it sends SIGSTOP to it
d) erases content of a /tmp directory
4) Which of these exists in inode (3 answers)?
b) file name
c) number of hard links
d) date/time of the last change
5) Write a name of a file with a full path where are the information about file systems on your machine. This file can be read by different programs and it automatically mounts file system when booting (if we say so)
6) What is the command to demount mounted file system in linux?
7) Connect numbers and letters
a) Which 1)does query on a base
b) Locate 2)path through file system hierarchy
c)Find 3)path through $PATH
8) Does this commands effectively do the same thing chown :mysql /var/mysql and chgrp mysql /var/mysql ?
9) You have a command chmod 730 /share/freethesoftware-rms.mp3. ( freethesoftware-rms.mp3 is a file). Which of these are correct?
a) owner of the file can change content
b) other users can execute the file
c) group can read the file
d) group can write on file
10) Write a command which shows all shells which are used by users on a system, but so that every different shell shows only once ( for example you have 3 users on your system, the first one uses bash, second also and third ksh, this command would show bash and ksh).
11) Write a command that is looking for all lines in a file that begin with th but so that it does not matter if they are t or h written with large or small letters ( th, TH, tH, Th).
12) Do this commands sed e s/lin/nix/ and tr lin nix do in every possible case the same thing?
13) In which file is setup for defaultin runlevel in linux?
14) Content of the file /etc/issue is shown?
a) before we log in
b) after we log in
c) none of it
15) Circle the right answers
a) time of the last password chage in in /etc/shadow
b) on modern linux systems users password is in /etc/passwd
c) users home directory is in /etc/passwd
d) primary group id (GID) is in /etc/group
16) Write a command that adds a user rms with uid 1099, /bin/zsh shell, and by that create home directory /export /home/rms
17) Which two commands are used for conversion from /etc/passwd format in /etc/ shadow, and vice versa ( and also cleans /etc/passwd and /etc/ shadow from wrong entries)?
18) What does the following syslog selector do?
a) enters messages from crit deamon in /var/log/critical.log
b) enters massages for all facilities from crit to emerge priority in /var/log/critical.log
c) enters messages for all facilities only for crit priorities in /var/log/critical.log
19) Write one of the commands that display the current logged in users on the system
20) What does the command echo ls | at 11:30 pm July 15?
a) executes ls command in 11:30 pm 15 July current year only once
b) executes echo ls command in 11:30 pm 15th July current year only once
c) executes ls command every 15 July in 11:30 pm
d) executes command ls in 3 pm November 30th current year only once
21) How would you zip the directory /etc/ in the compressed file /tmp/etc_backup.tar.gz using gzip compression?
22) How many times will be done echo mysql in the following construction?
23) Which command do you use to make shell variable available to all sub-shells that can be run from that shell?
24) Which command is not used to configure/list network interfaces?
25) What is the name of the package for sharing files between two unix/linux servers?
26) What is the name of well known DNS implementation in linux/unix systems?
27) You have a network 184.108.40.206/16. Write a netmask in dotted quad format (255
), broadcast address, and the first and the last host
The first host
The last host
28) What is the name of the command in linux which automatically reveals what part of software package should be uncomplied/complied and presents commands that do it?
29) Which switch in netstat command lists routing table?
I hope you'll understad what I wanted to ask