LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Linux Power User Bundle
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
tailinlinux
Member
 
Registered: Oct 2010
Location: Paudpod, Botolan, Zambales, Philippines
Distribution: Mandriva, Ubuntu, Mint, Open Suse, Meego
Posts: 390
Blog Entries: 3

Rep: Reputation: 25
Please Help. Installation of Chinese Language in Linux Mandriva


I need to install Chinese Language on my computer use for ERP Oracle System.
ERP Oracle System is running using Browser Software and Java Applications.

My problem is my computer is reading Chinese Language in Office Files, Browser Software (Chinese Website), but when im using my computer on ERP System only box appeared. Do any one knows how to solve it.
 
Old 05-31-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 17,954

Rep: Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailinlinux View Post
I need to install Chinese Language on my computer use for ERP Oracle System.
ERP Oracle System is running using Browser Software and Java Applications.

My problem is my computer is reading Chinese Language in Office Files, Browser Software (Chinese Website), but when im using my computer on ERP System only box appeared. Do any one knows how to solve it.
A very close question to the one you asked here:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...-linux-859660/

Again, you first have to install the language pack for whatever brand of Linux you're using. Then set the Oracle database locale to use it. Again, contact Oracle, since ERP is a commercial product. That is, you pay for it, and part of what you get is SUPPORT for it. Oracle's knowledgebase has many articles about this...did you look there??
 
2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
tailinlinux
Member
 
Registered: Oct 2010
Location: Paudpod, Botolan, Zambales, Philippines
Distribution: Mandriva, Ubuntu, Mint, Open Suse, Meego
Posts: 390
Blog Entries: 3

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 25
Sorry for that sir. Please Kindly delete my recent thread. Thanks.


Sir ive tried to follow the instructions and finally my computer displays Chinese.
Desktop Menu, Applications Menu and etc. are all in Chinese Language.

But when i try to log on Oracle ERP System and when its running in java.
Only box is displayed.

Sir, Do you think that the problem is on java software that not supporting reading fonts in Chinese Characters?

I have ask in google about Setup Chinese Language in Java http://www.mandarintools.com/javasetup.html
 
0 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 17,954

Rep: Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailinlinux View Post
Sorry for that sir. Please Kindly delete my recent thread. Thanks.
I'm not a moderator...if you want this deleted, send a message to the moderators.
Quote:
Sir ive tried to follow the instructions and finally my computer displays Chinese. Desktop Menu, Applications Menu and etc. are all in Chinese Language. But when i try to log on Oracle ERP System and when its running in java. Only box is displayed. Sir, Do you think that the problem is on java software that not supporting reading fonts in Chinese Characters? I have ask in google about Setup Chinese Language in Java http://www.mandarintools.com/javasetup.html
Did you bother to read my last post here???
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne
Then set the Oracle database locale to use it. Again, contact Oracle, since ERP is a commercial product. That is, you pay for it, and part of what you get is SUPPORT for it. Oracle's knowledgebase has many articles about this...did you look there??
Once again, unless you set the locale for the DB and/or Java (or WHATEVER your program is), the system won't use it. You can, again, set the default language of the system to be Chinese, and it'll display.

Most importantly...again....this is a COMMERCIAL product. CALL SUPPORT, and they can help you over the phone.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
tailinlinux
Member
 
Registered: Oct 2010
Location: Paudpod, Botolan, Zambales, Philippines
Distribution: Mandriva, Ubuntu, Mint, Open Suse, Meego
Posts: 390
Blog Entries: 3

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 25
Thanks sir. i will try to contact them again.

Please check this link sir.
http://mandriva.598463.n5.nabble.com...-td650676.html
 
Old 05-31-2011, 11:37 PM   #6
tailinlinux
Member
 
Registered: Oct 2010
Location: Paudpod, Botolan, Zambales, Philippines
Distribution: Mandriva, Ubuntu, Mint, Open Suse, Meego
Posts: 390
Blog Entries: 3

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 25
I have searched some information about this problem.
Everybody tells that the setting of fonts is incorrect.
and ive tried to follow all their post but the problem is still appearing.

can anyone review this site then.
http://www.anyang-window.com.cn/java...-the-problems/
 
Old 06-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 17,954

Rep: Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailinlinux View Post
Thanks sir. i will try to contact them again.

Please check this link sir.
http://mandriva.598463.n5.nabble.com...-td650676.html
Did you check it? Specifically, the bug was resolved last year. So if you're using things that are up to date/patched, it's a non-issue. Since you're having the issue, you're not patched...did you read the steps on the link YOU POSTED, that tell you how to work around it???

Again, YOU ARE USING A COMMERCIAL PRODUCT....contact the tech support you're paying for. And as far as I can tell, Oracle ERP isn't certified to run on Mandriva....again, contact their tech support, and they can tell you these things. There's not alot we can help with here...the solution has been provided several times, but you're missing some parts of it apparently.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do anyone know how to install Chinese Language in linux? tailinlinux Linux - Newbie 9 02-10-2011 05:57 AM
Chinese language pack installation help shiokie Linux - Newbie 1 08-15-2010 10:19 AM
Good linux chinese language language program? darsunt Linux - Software 1 04-10-2009 01:06 PM
How to display Chinese language in XMMS??? bbmak Linux - Newbie 1 07-18-2007 09:30 AM
chinese language input in gnome banner Linux - General 0 11-15-2005 04:07 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration