LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Newbie (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/)
-   -   password policy expiry in the user (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/password-policy-expiry-in-the-user-669229/)

sammee 09-11-2008 09:49 AM

password policy expiry in the user
 
HI All,

I want to change the password of the user after the password expiry in the user level can anybody suggest a solution??


Its Urgent

TB0ne 09-11-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammee (Post 3277181)
HI All,

I want to change the password of the user after the password expiry in the user level can anybody suggest a solution??


Its Urgent

It's only urgent for you. We volunteer our time to answer questions. If it's truly that urgent, why didn't you Google for it? Lots of solutions pop up on the first page.

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-6113711.html

You also need to provide information, such as what distro/version of Linux you're using.

sammee 09-12-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB0ne (Post 3277212)
It's only urgent for you. We volunteer our time to answer questions. If it's truly that urgent, why didn't you Google for it? Lots of solutions pop up on the first page.

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-6113711.html

You also need to provide information, such as what distro/version of Linux you're using.


Hi am sorry because i didnt provide the full details am using RHEL4 Update 4

I want the user to change the password forcible after the password expires is this possible please let me know

thanks in advance

TB0ne 09-12-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammee (Post 3278005)
Hi am sorry because i didnt provide the full details am using RHEL4 Update 4

I want the user to change the password forcible after the password expires is this possible please let me know

thanks in advance

Yes, it is. Read the link I sent you in the first post. Follow the directions.

sammee 09-16-2008 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB0ne (Post 3278268)
Yes, it is. Read the link I sent you in the first post. Follow the directions.

This is the actual case

i have a user who has his account to be expired in 5 days and is getting the alerts but ignored it, when he has to login the 6 th day he has to be forced to change his password to login without the help of the system administrator is this possible

please let me know i have read the link but could not get the solution can u please help

TB0ne 09-16-2008 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammee (Post 3281787)
This is the actual case

i have a user who has his account to be expired in 5 days and is getting the alerts but ignored it, when he has to login the 6 th day he has to be forced to change his password to login without the help of the system administrator is this possible

please let me know i have read the link but could not get the solution can u please help

Yes, it's possible, as I said before. The link I sent you tells you how to do it, the command to type in to modify existing users, and what file(s) to edit to make this policy the default for new users that are set up.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.