I got these two ethernet interfaces and I am trying to get them to do OSPFv3.
eth1 is on a linux blade cluster (LBC), eth2 is on the quagga rotuer.
Their OSPFv3 is not working because the LBC doesn't like the fact that the Quagga router is sending OSPFv3 with the E bit set to 1.
So I have two options,
1) I can either set the LBC's E to 1
2) set the Quagga router's E bit to 0.
1) I am currently stuck on because such detailed settings are not easily user configurable. And LC experts in Spain is done for the day. (yes, i am that impatient.
2) Quagga router documentation doesn't contain this bitmask info.
so my question is two fold:
1) what is the E bit?
2) on Quagga, how do I change it? just throw me your suggestions please.