Hi to all
I have some doubts regarding root.sh , orainstRoot.sh
am i right ????
- Script should be run as root user*
- orainstRoot.sh which is located in $ORACLE_BASE
- Script creates the inventory pointer file (/etc/oraInst.loc),*
- Changing group name of the oraInventory directory to oinstall group i.e.
- changing the Permissions and groupname to 770 and to oinstall.
770 i having little much confusion with 770.
1.can anyone say from 0 to 7
2. Root.sh scripts sets Environment variables
"copying of few files into /usr/local/bin , the files are dbhome,oraenv,coraenv etc."
3.May i know purpose of copying same files into /usr/local/bin from where and what for ??
Thanks and Regards