The first thing you have to do is to tell us what sort of mouse you are using. USB, PS2.
- To configure the mouse speed, edit the file located at /etc/rc.d/rc.gpm.
- There, find a line more or less like this: /usr/sbin/gpm -m /dev/mouse -t ps2
- Add an -r <number> for changing the mouse speed. E.g: /usr/sbin/gpm -m /dev/mouse -t ps2 -r 30
- To change the mouse acceleration, use the flag -a <value> just like in the example above.
- Restart the daemon: /etc/rc.d/rc.gpm restart
Be very careful changing that -r <value>. If you put it too fast, you won't see shit or your mouse won't move
Now, about the mouse wheel thing
. The file you have to edit is located at /etc/X11/XF86Config. Open that file and add the following lines at the section "Input Device":
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Then look after the line where it stands "Emulate 3 buttons mouse" and set it to "no". Restart X.