Originally posted by wildmacaw
I just have a small problem, which I hope you guys out there will help me in solving. So here it is;
I use Opera 8.02 on a Redhat 9 distribution, and I was able to install and configure Opera for Java. So far so good, but my problem is whenever a website requires Java to run some features, my browser just shows me Java there and not the content.
I guess i did not install Java properly. Please advise how I can install Java correctly and also how do I configure Opera properly.
Sorry to "state the obvious", but this
, I suspect, would be the logical place to start.
I don't know if the install procedure is any different between the deadrat 9 that you mention and/or my gentoo - so I wouldn't even try to advise you on this. though the opera knowledge base/forums etc etc would seem a good place.
If you register at the opera forums, you could just post the problem in the linux section, along with any errors etc, that you get.
Thinking about it, I seem to recall that I just installed as I would anything else under gentoo, but it has a "fetch restriction", so I had to go to the sun site, follow a link, download and then place the URL into the location suggested by my installer and then run the gentoo "emerge" command for it again and the installer did the rest - so it would be a different method for you and the deadrat 9.
Sorry I can't really be of much help
p.s. the bit I mentioned about installing on my system, after I went to the sun site, I had to accept their terms and conditions prior to the download, but I seem to recall that there is an rpm version available so I suggest that you just install that.