Have not figured out how to install the previous NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-1.0-4363.run.
Just go ahead and get this new one instead?
NVIDIA RELEASES NEW GRAPHICS DRIVERS FOR LINUX PLATFORM
WHAT: NVIDIA Corporation (http://www.nvidia.com
), the worldwide leader in visual processing solutions, has just posted new Linux drivers for its award-winning GeForce graphics processing units. The new drivers are version 1.0-4496 with a release date of July 28, 2003.
· GeForce FX 5900 support
· Support for Active Stereo + TwinView
· Initial support for APM power management
· Improved OpenGL performance when rendering to multiple buffers (such as when using a stereo visual and rendering to GL_LEFT_AND_RIGHT).
· Supports all major distributions by user compiling
· Ships with precompiled kernel interfaces for:
o Red Hat Linux 9.0
o Red Hat Linux 8.0
o Red Hat Linux 7.3
o SuSE 8.2
Also, please note that this driver release supports NVIDIA Linux Update, an integrated installer that simplifies setup and deployment. With NVIDIA Linux Update, you can intelligently download the new drivers directly to your PC for the distribution you are using. NVIDIA Linux Update fully supports all major Linux OSes and CPUs.