I've recently installed Redhat 9.0 and I've run into a few questions that I can't find on the Internet or in forums here. Hopefully some of you can help me out.
1. How can I have the computer boot to console mode instead of GUI mode (and can the console mode be added to GRUB)?
2. I've managed to get my netgear ma311 card to work, but only for the current session. How can I make this permanent? I've looked at this thread:
in which I think my question is answered by Finegan near the bottom (the post on wlan0 setup).
3. I'm not running any web, news or mail servers. Which services can I safely disable?
4. Are there services or settings I should disable for security purposes? (sorry, I've used Windows for too long now and I'm used to this sort of thing)
5. Anyone have links outlining a comparison on KDE vs. Gnome or have any strong opinions about one or the other (and how to switch between them)?
6. Shutting down from within Gnome shuts the computer down and immediately reboots (definitely different from choosing reboot).
Thank you in advance for answers provided.