I also had a similar problem with mine when I upgraded Samaba & related components from 3.6.23-20
. Some of my shares funtcioned as before but the majority didn't. Peformng a search on a no. of forums has revealed that this is a known / common issue. I have tried a no. of suggestions but for me non of them have worked. I simply removed the newly updated versions & reverted back to the former.
for me did not work so I had to:
1. Use the
yum remove [module_names]
2. Use yum to manually install the previous version i.e.
yum install samba-3.6.23-20.el6
The modules that need removing & replacing are as follows:
Jan 08 15:20:06 Updated: samba-common-3.6.23-24.el6_7.i686
Jan 08 15:20:09 Updated: samba-winbind-3.6.23-24.el6_7.i686
Jan 08 15:20:11 Updated: samba-winbind-clients-3.6.23-24.el6_7.i686
Jan 08 15:20:23 Updated: samba4-libs-4.0.0-67.el6_7.rc4.i686
Jan 08 15:20:29 Updated: samba-client-3.6.23-24.el6_7.i686
Jan 08 15:20:33 Updated: samba-3.6.23-24.el6_7.i686
Jan 08 15:20:34 Updated: libsmbclient-3.6.23-24.el6_7.i686
Until a fix has been brought out I have also modified my /etc/yum.conf so that Samaba & related modules are not accidentally / indavertently reinstalled:
Add the following:
* Not ideal but at least it will get your shares working again!