ok fixed it for the most part.. there are still a few "funny things"
[root@Linux samba]# /usr/bin/testparm
Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
params.c:Parameter() - Ignoring badly formed line in configuration file: Un-comment the following to provide a specific roving profile share
params.c:Parameter() - Ignoring badly formed line in configuration file: the default is to use the user's home directory
Processing section "[webpage]"
Processing section "[files]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE
Press enter to see a dump of your service definitions
# Global parameters
workgroup = MSHOME
server string = Linux
interfaces = 192.168.0.1/24, 192.168.2.103/24
security = SHARE
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 50
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
preferred master = Yes
domain master = Yes
dns proxy = No
wins server = 192.168.0.1
hosts allow = 192.168.0.2, 127.0.0.1
i don't like those 'Ignoring badly formed line' bits.. not sure what they have a problem with..
i made linux to be a perferred master and doman master and changed interfaces 192.168.2.1 to 192.168.2.103 which is actually the right one.. so i think that cured somethings.
also briefly i had access to every that's on the router from winxp. which is weird as winxp is connected to linux.. linux to router.. router to everyone else.. and i didn't allow samba's need TCP and UDP's on the router.. but if i could do that again and keep it.. that would be awesome.
the last thing now is. i can't see winxp from linux.. no a big deal as i can do and see everything from winxp anyhow. but it would be nice.
thanks for the help so far!