Hi I'm new to linux, I'm currently working on my final project for my computer networking course, at my final project I need to add a linux server which only will be providing front end firewall and internet proxy or perhaps mysql(since iis6 hates mysql) service, after reading a few reviews I've decided to pick up a copy of fedora core 3, but expriencing quite some problem and need some help.... here's my question:
0) Is the auto partition from anaconda reliable? as in will they arrange free enuf space for expansion/functioning?
1) in order to put firewall, should I use the one which ond built in on fc3 or should I take a 3rd party one like ipcop or smooth wall? if so, which one do you recommend?
2) what module should I pick to enable proxy server?
3) I'm planning to use Gnome to do the setup since I have 0 knowledge on linux command, but after the mockup, how can I switch back to command line only mode? (I need it for better performance in bootup and performance since my computer is not good, only p3 with 512 ram)
4) SHould I be lazy and just pick server template to install?
5) what else should I be aware of and what tools are recommend to install after the installation (I dun need mp3 support
6) I'm planning to install on a old computer which have nvidia geforce 2, from one of the review I see someone claims that fedora does not have the driver for it, I need to grab it from the site and install the rpm, how do I do that?
Any suggestion/redirection to guide/links are greatly apprecieated (I'll worship you if you can provide me a complete step to step guide) =]