Thanks arizonagroovejet for that, but it didnt work:
put the command(s) in a .sh file (added #!/bin/sh to start of it), made it executable and then ran it.
The output I got from it was:
./untitled.sh: 3 : [[: not found
repeated the same amount of times as I had files.
I then tried removing the [[ and ]]'s. This looked more promising, but still no cigar.
The output I got was like this:
./untitled.sh: 3: Toy Story 2 - Untitled - 2008-03-22.mpg: not found
repeated for each file with or without "- Untitled".
But no name change.
for i in *.mpg;do if "$i" =~ " Untitled";then mv "$i" "`echo $i | sed 's/- Untitled//'`";fi;done
Silly me... Ran the original command from the CLI and worked. No output on screen, but names have been changed