[SOLVED] need answer of following few questions...
Linux - NewbieThis Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question?
If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
1. How can you find all first level subdirectories under the current directory?
2. How will you show the last 100 lines of the file "foo.log"?
3. How will you Stream the contents of a the log file "foo.log" as it gets written to?
4. How can you grep for a pattern on a gzip'ed file? e.g., find "foo" in bar.gz
5. Find all lines in the file "foo" which DON'T have the pattern "bar"
6. Your web server is running very slowly. If you can login to the server, what command will you run to find out cpu and memory use?
7. Extract the file foo which is a part of the tar'ed, gzip'ed file bar.tar.gz
8. You attach a usb disk to your linux desktop, but it does not show up. How can you get more information about the error?
9. What is the secure way to login to remote systems?
10. What is the difference between TELNET and SSH?
11. Given a file 'a' with the following permissions
-rwxrwxrwx 1 rohit rohit 0 2011-01-24 13:30 a
Change its permissions such that it is only readable and writable by its
owner, not accessible by anybody else in the group and only executable
by the world
12. Difference between using ' and " for quoting a string / command in a shell
13. In the attached text file (test.txt) replace all occurrences of 'red' with 'yellow' without using an editor (i.e. from the command line)
14. How would you suppress output written to stderr by a command
15. Meaning of the #! notation in scripts e.g. #!/bin/sh
16. What is the output of the attached shell script test.sh
Scripting questions, all based on the attached file access.log. Use one of
perl, python, ruby, or shell scripts to solve these questsions. If any answer
is obtained using just the command line, please include those commands as well.
17. How many accesses were made between 10am and 11.30am on Jan 24, 2011?
18. How many unique IP addresses accessed this server?
19. For every IP address which accessed this server, output a report showing number of hits for every type of HTTP status. For e.g., IP 192.168.1.20 has 164 hits with status 404 and 1690 hits with status 200.
yes its home work...i know only few answers..im a begineer in linux..i dont no how to install or extract a software in linux..so i need few help..sorry for posting such questions...
First, it's against LQ rules here to post verbatim homework questions. Second, those questions are covered in your texts and coursework. Most importantly...show some effort of your own...try to look things up. YOU are supposed to be learning this stuff, not getting others to spoon-feed you the answers, because you're too lazy to look them up yourself.
We are always happy to HELP you if you're stuck, or if you don't understand an answer, but asking us to answer your homework for you is a different matter.