More Misc Linux Questions...
1. What would happen if I did a swapoff when other
processes are running? A Bad Thing?
2. What happens if I kill init (if possible)?
3. Are the settings in /etc/fstab visible only to the
mount command does the mount() system call
itself read this file?
4. How to check what kernel modules are active (
loadable types or otherwise)?
5. I can't access a device which I created w/ mknod.
for eg after I mknod myfile b 7 16 to create my
own loopback device file, I can't access it. Any
operations on myfile would give a 'not a valid device'
error message. I noticed that when I do an ls -l,
the owner is listed as my userid (root), but when
I ls -al the /dev dir, the owner is given as 'floppy'
or 'disk' etc. How do I fix this?
Last edited by ugenn; 04-16-2002 at 04:13 AM.