FINALLY SUCCEEDED........THANKS EVERY BODY ESPECIALLY RICHRD.
Please see below the complete step on how to configure a Lucent Cellpipe 20A modem on a SUSE 9.2 Prof. linux
1. Install complete SUSE9.2 Prof (including compilers, addl. software etc. I donot know secifically what are required)
2. download rp-pppoe-3.5-327.i586.rpm file from suse site. It will be in one of the "/586" sub directories in 9.1 or 9.2 distributions.
3. copy it in /tmp directory and execute #rpm rp-pppoe-3.5-327.i586.rpm
4. download [ EciAdsl Nortek ] file from http://eciadsl.flashtux.org/download.php?lang=en
5. Read carefully README_GS7470.txt file in the package
6. Install the above package as per the instuction.
Note : To execute ./configure, you need to change directory to the directory where you copied the files (Eg. /tmp/eciadsl-usermode-0.10-nortek-alpha) and it should contain the file configure
7. After installation, from terminal window type "eciadsl-probe_device" and see an entry like USB-ADSL Modem / GlobeSpan Inc. (0e60:0500) . The values in the bracket are the VIP and PID values for the modem.
8. From the terminal window execute eciadsl-config-tk
9. Set values like, modem type, Select chipset GS7470. Change .bin files to GS7470Synch01.bin (It is part of the nortek package) . Copy GS7470Synch01.bin file to /etc/eciadsl folder
10. Set VID/PID values with the value you got at step 7
11. VCI..., you need to set 0.50 (It is for etisalat in UAE). Other ISPs value changes.
12. Set all the above values and unplug and replug the modem
13. from terminal window type "eciadsl-start"
14. It shoud work otherwise please raise your problem to the forum http://eciadsl.sourceforge.net/scripts/forum/
15. Best people are sitting there to help you. I AM VERY MUCH IMPRESSED WITH THEIR SERVICE. EXCELLENT SUPPORT I EVER HAVE EXPERIENCED IN MY 10 YEARS OF IT PROFESSIONAL LIFE.
16. I am not asking you to contact me because, I am a newbie...know nothing about linux....if rquired contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
Wish every one good success.