OK, Heres what to do:
- Open up partition magic, then delete the "Type 8E" Partition. (If you're not using it)
- Click on "Create new Partition" in the Partition Magic 8 side bar. Make it 512MB when going through the wizard.
- Apply changes.
- Reboot into linux, bring up a teminal window or something.
- Type this at the prompt:
- Now look at the partition table, the one at the bottom should be your swap partition. Note it down (/dev/?)
- Now go into a text editor, and open "/etc/fstab" Save it as "/etc/fstab.backup"
- Now go and open the original "/etc/fstab" add this line:
/dev/? none swap sw 0 0
Make sure you replace /dev/? with the one that you wrote down.
- Save it.
That should work, however I do no know how to configure swaps in fstab and I am just using your example that you provided.
If it does not work, navigate to /etc then delete fstab, and rename fstab.backup as fstab. This will revert back to your original configuration.
It would be helpful if you uploaded your /etc/fstab file contents.