Originally Posted by JeremyBoden
Can't see any flickering on the video.
Try making a video where you have a full screen terminal and enter the
Sorry for the confusion. My term 'flickering' isn't exactly the most accurate term to describe the behavior.
I noticed that you'll need to do 720p or 1080p to view the youtube video to see a better picture of what's happening. I went ahead and found the exact time when the issue is present on the youtube video: http://youtu.be/UbM8fXCegXs?t=1m32s
From what I can describe is happening is:
1. I type a command that outputs something say less /var/log/messages
2. I pressed the 'q' key to exit the less command
3. This brings me back to terminal, however the output from the less command is still trying to show itself. This is the 'flickering' issue
4. Even executing an 'ls' command and pressing the 'enter' key a few times, the 'less' command's output is still trying to show itself.
5. When I type the command 'clear' the 'less' command's output is finally cleared and is no longer tying to 'take-over' the command terminal window.
Also, typing dmesg in terminal only outputs the message buffer in the kernel. This issue is more window manager or compositor related to Cinnamon specifically.