I was happy in a pig in "mud" as a newbie since I got Ubuntu to work, that is until my Ubuntu/Firefox got (I guess) a virus.
I had installed Ubuntu 10.04 with Firefox months ago and was happy using it for my wife/girlfriend's email. Then it got (I believe) a virus and emails got screwed up. At that time I received word that version 10.10 was available so I downloaded and installed it. My thinking was this would get rid of the virus and solve the email problem -it did not - in fact it got worse.
Current problems are as follows:
1) When starting Firefox I get Message 'Server not Found' and can go no further
This happens whatever address I use. i.e. start.Ubuntu.com/11.10/goggle or att.net
2) GET Repeated requests for Super User password
3) Repeated request for network (router) password - i USE ATT U verse's router/MODEM
I need help determining how to resolve:
- Is there Antivirus software for Ubuntu/firefox where can I find it/them.
- I suppose the network is intact and that my problem lies in fixing Firefox -- or could
any other component be at risk? A windows PC on the same network is able to access
- Are there settings I need to make or adjust?
- Because I cannot get on the network from Ubuntu I cannot download Firefox. So how do I
approach this. Can I download to a Win7 PC to a CD and later transfer to
Any help would be greatly appreciated.