Originally posted by razor7
Hello, i┤m trying to setup a Linux Webhosting Webserver, but i dont know how to start.
The items that i don┤t know:
1) Wich distro?
2) How to setup the distro as a webserver
3) What kind of internet connection should i use?
4) Adding webhosting accounts
5) Setting up a good control panel for users to manage the hosting options (Mail, MySQL DB, Redirects, etc ┐maybe DPanel?)
6) Any furter instrucions will be apprecieed...
PS: Any forum or site dedicated to this?
1) anyone that you are comfortable with- debian has been known for server stability- but then again debian "eats newbies for breakfast". I like slackware, but any should be good.
2) you need a webserver program, check out http://freshmeat.net,
if you are serious then go for apache. Apache is fast becoming the standard for webserving.
3)A fat one. Broadband. Preferably one that gives you a static IP address.
4)? you mean like you want to host other people's sites? hmm...
6) if you choose slackware, http://shilo.is-a-geek.com
is a great resource, even if you don't use slackware. GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE. Check out the links at http://bookmarks.linuxquestions.org
PS) linux-networking should be a useful resource.
Welcome to LQ!