LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2004, 02:31 AM   #1
loopyzort
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2004
Location: San Francisco
Distribution: Ubuntu Hoary
Posts: 8

Rep: Reputation: 0
LILO CRC error when I hit carriage return at prompt


Hey All,

I know there are lots of postings about LILO and even the "CRC Error", but I have yet to find an answer.

I have an XP/Slackware 9.1 dual boot with LILO as the boot loader. When booting the machine, 100% of the times I select the Windows parition, the machine boots into Windows with no problem. I have LILO default to Slackware as the boot option, and the menu has a 20 second timeout. If I wait until it times out and let it run automatically, I'll boot into Linux just fine (I'm posting this message through Mozilla on Slackware). However, if I select my Linux partition from the LILO menu and hit "Enter", I get the dreaded "CRC Error" and I have to hard-reset the machine. Does anyone know why? I don't think it's a hardware issue, 'cause Windoze boots with no problems. I've seen a few other posts with people complaining about LILO working with Linux 75% or 80% of the time, but throwing a CRC error the other 25-20%. Is it a LILO version bug? Can I upgrade LILO?

Thanks,
loopyzort
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAQ: Internal Server Error / Premature End of Script Header / MS-DOS Carriage Return rebel Red Hat 2 04-30-2005 04:11 PM
carriage return in emac lisp balloon Programming 1 11-23-2004 09:29 AM
dash every time i hit enter (carriage return) in gnome (rh 9) lynchmob09 Linux - Software 1 09-18-2003 01:38 AM
unescaping a carriage return in perl acid_kewpie Programming 10 09-20-2002 03:20 PM
pppd...carriage return?!? icyfire Linux - Software 1 02-14-2002 08:07 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration