I'm not familiar with this board, or what software is typically used with it, so I'm not clear on what you're trying to do, exactly. What do you mean by, "I had ported Linux Kernel 2.6 on ML507 with Root File System?" Did you already have a working distribution installed? If so, which one? (Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, Debian, Suse, Slackware, etc.?) It would be very helpful if you would provide the following details:
1) Which distribution are you using?
2) How did you install it? Did you download/burn a CD/DVD image and then boot from it, installing whatever was already on the disc? Did you do that in combination with an "online install," like in Gentoo or Debian?
3) Which version of the distribution are you using? (Examples: Ubuntu 11.04, Fedora 12, etc.) If you don't know, just tell me where you got it, and when, so I can look it up.
4) Which kernel version does the distribution come with? If you don't know, I'll look it up.
5) Are you trying to install a new/different kernel onto an existing installation of Linux? Which kernel version, exactly? (Examples: 2.6.34, 2.6.33-11, etc.)
6) How are you installing the new kernel (if that's what you're doing)? Are you installing from your distribution's repository (from Synaptic/Apt/URPMI, DEB, RPM, etc.) or are you compiling it from source code? Please include detailed steps that you've tried.
I have a little experience dealing with embedded Linux versions, so once I have more information on what you're trying to accomplish, which has caused this error, I'll be better able to help you.
Last edited by DaneM; 09-30-2011 at 01:49 PM.