Kernel panic: no init found. Try passing init= option to kernel
I just installed fresh fedora core2 , make all settings, after restart , i got
- mkrootdev : label / not found
- Mounting root filesystem
- mount: error 2 mounting ext3
- pivotroot: pivot_root (/sysroot, /sysroot/initrd) failed : 2
- umount /initrd/proc failed : 2
- Freeing unused kernel memory: 212k freed
- Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel
i have also got this message on Redhat linux 9.0 few weeks ago.
I m realy confused.
I m struck with reinstallation each time.
waiting for your positive replies
Last edited by tulip4heaven; 10-14-2005 at 12:57 AM.