OK, here seems to be some confusion. I will try to help. At first, you realize that the file and foldernames in the tutorial where just examples? Typing then in literally will bring nothing. Secondly, you have a 32 bit version of Linux installed (which is indicated by the info you posted), but you are trying to install the 64 bit version of Java. That can't work.
Now lets see if we can solve your problem:
1. Download the 32 bit version of Java from Oracle
, choose the Linux RPM
2. Use your file-manager to determine the path to the downloaded file, I don't know where Chrome saves downloaded files. On my system with Firefox the path would be /home/tobi/Downloads/jre-6u30-linux-i586-rpm.bin. You will obviously have a different path.
3. Now open a terminal, switch to root
and change the directory to /usr/java
3. Now we make the installer executable
chmod +x /home/tobi/Downloads/jre-6u30-linux-i586-rpm.bin
Keep in mind to change the path in that command to the path you found out in 2.
4. Time to start the installer:
Press space to go through the license agreement and accept it. The installer will create a binary package for your system.
5. Install the binary package:
rpm -iv jre-6u30-linux-i586.rpm
Now Java should be installed, to make your browser aware of it you have to restart the browser.