Issue with creating a Software RAID on CentOs
Hello all. I have been experiencing an issue with creating a sofware RAID on a CentOS VM in Virtual Box. I went through the following steps when attempting to create a Software RAID:
1. I created 2 primary partions /dev/hda3 and dev/hda4 using the fdisk command.
2. I set the partition id to fd (Linux raid) autodetect.
3. I wrote each partition to the disk followed by the partprobe command.
4. I created an ext3 file system for each partition by using the following command for /dev/hda3(ex: mkfs -t ext3 /dev/hda3) and /dev/hda4 (ex: mkfs -t ext3 /dev/hda4)
5. I created entries in /etc/fstab for /dev/hda3 and /dev/hda4
6. I ran the command mount -a
7. I created a raid device with the following command:
mdadm -C /dev/md0 -a yes -l 1 -n 2 /dev/hda3 /dev/hda4
8. I formatted the RAID device with the following command:
mkfs -t ext3 /dev/md0
9. I added an entry to /etc/fstab. The /etc/fstab file contents is shown below:
LABEL=/ / ext3 defaults 1 1
LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda3 /testmount ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/hda4 /tesmount2 ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/md0 /testraid ext3 defaults 1 2
However, when I reboot, I get the following errors during bootup:
WARNING: badformat in line 11 of /etc/fstab
WARNING: badformat in line 12 of /etc/fstab
WARNING: badformat in line 13 of /etc/fstab
fsck.ext3: Device or resource busy while trying to open /dev/hda3
fsck.ext3: Device or resource busy while trying to open /dev/hda4
Does anyone know what would cause this error? Also, when I try to fix /etc/fstab via single user mode, it says that the file is read only. Is there any way to fix the file with out using a rescue disk? Thanks for any help you can provide.