If I have the following text during bootup,
* Initializing modules... [ok]
* Cleaning up ifupdown... [ok]
* Loading modules... [ok]
*Setting the system clock. [ok]..
* Setting up LVM Volume Groups... [ok]
*Starting Enterprise Volume Management System... [ok]
*Checking all file systems... [ok]
* Starting Comon Unix Printing system: cupsd [fail]
Starting OpenLDAP: running BDB recovery, slad - failed
The operation failed but no output was produced.
* Starting Samba daemons... [ok]
* Starging web server (Apache2)... [fail]
Is there a log for all these messages? I check with dmesg, but it does not have the all the output. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, it does not have a log of the status of all the daemons (ok or fail).
PS. running on Debian Linux if that helps