Yet another newbie install question.
I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 that I would love to cram linux on.
2.4 ghz P4
1gig ddr ram
30 gig hd
ATI Moblity 7500 - 64meg AGP
Windoze XP Home
1. O.K. kinda lame but I have to be able to run EverQuest ! - Possible?
2. Distro? I have Redhat Fedora and Slackware 9.1 - courtesy of LFX
3. Power Management concerns - I use this as a desktop replacement so I am always plugged in. Will it recognize this and not overcharge the battery?
4. Dual boot - ICK
Don't want to do this but see question #1
5. I have several other PC's in house... Networked and running various versions of windoze... ICS because of no broadband in my area.... and an Alienware area 51 on the way. Will I be able to access that Network?
6. Continuation of above - Can I install linux on the "ICS server" for the dial up sharing? If so say goodbye to another install of windoze
Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer me.